Sunday, June 6, 2010

When the Dead Come'a Knockin

As promised, Chris and I tried out some Weird Wild West gaming last night using the Chaos In Cairo rules. If the idea of playing a Western game with 1920's Egyptian Pulp rules offends your geekly sensibilities, then perhaps you should read my explanation in the previous post first. Either way, it was a fun time.

I fielded Big Sal and his men while Chris put down a posse of recently risen zombie gunfighters with a score to settle. As predicted, the Goal System rules, as well as the CinC warbands, did a sterling job of representing the models in play. We played "The Package" scenario which meant that six buildings contained items for the characters to find. When the scenario had ended, each player rolled to determine who had found the actual objective in amongst all of the fakes. Although my human gunfighters scored the most KOs, it was the zombies who walked away with the actual objective in hand. Here's some of the game highlights in photos.


It proved to be quite an enjoyable romp and I'm sure we'll play again. Frankly, I have enough painting, playing, and writing projects at the moment, so I don't anticipate turning this game into an online epic as I've done with some of the others. However, "Never say never," as the saying goes. In the meantime, hope you enjoy the pics and only time will tell.

Thanks for reading (and looking),
JET

4 comments:

CounterFett said...

Interesting, I already mentioned that I liked the idea of changing the settings, and I do something similar. Also, must complement your minis. The humans are painted well! But the zombies are truly noteworthy! They are beautiful, er, ugly, er, whatever.

Anyway. Nice minis.

MIK said...

Stunning. Your tables never fail to disappoint.

JET (aka Jason) said...

Thanks guys.

@ Counterfett - The zombies were actually painted by my opponent, Chris. I agree that the paint jobs are particularly inspired and make the minis pop on the table.

@ Gyro - I enjoy playing a game on a nice layout. I think it adds as much (or more) to a game than any other factor.

Monty said...

Fantastic Stuff!