Friday, August 13, 2010

Workbench Update: Odds & Ends

The past month and a half has been tiring, I won't deny it. Keeping baby Jake fed and happy takes some effort, and even though I'm not at work right now, when I do have some downtime I often spend it flicking channels or reading. However, since setting up a temporary painting station on the dining room table, I've started making some humble progress.

As most of you are aware, I'm very inspired by our Gothic Horror campaign as of late. I've already painted vampires, werewolves, and a collection of villager types, but I decided that I would also like to field a human warband as well. I just finished painting this Westwind model. His name is Count Konrad Von Krumm and he will serve as the expedition leader for my Hungarian Monster Hunters.


After a small lull, we've recently restarted our Impetus gaming. Now that we are playing again, I've realized how much I miss painting 15mm historical models. I find it to be a truly relaxing experience. I grabbed this 15mm horse by Feudal Castings and painted him yesterday. He will be added to a base of Irish Nobles (FL) along with another horse and a holder to signify the Mounts upgrade.


It's good to be back on the painting train again. My work area is surrounded by a small handful of Irish, some more Monster Hunters, and a small sci-fi force for Future War Commander. Now that I've started to pick up steam, I'm hoping to complete some projects in a timely manner. Stay tuned, and it goes without saying...

Thanks for reading,
JET

1 comment:

Bob Barnetson said...

You are doing with a new one in the house. Nice monster hunter!!