Saturday, July 23, 2011

Workbench Update: Losing With Style

So I've finally decided that it's time to replace my little red disorder markers for Impetus with something a little more visually appealing. I figure if I'm going to lose a game, it's just as well to look good while doing so. I ordered a few packs of medieval casualties from Essex and finally started at them last night.


As you can see, I've simply based one casualty on a round plastic base and painted it up. I've got 18 of these guys started and I"m actually painting them up as one big batch. I finished one off just so you guys could see how it's going to look. I've also painted up some random infantry figures which will be used as opportunity markers (to replace the green markers). Overall, I'm hoping that our games will look just a little sexier.

As I mentioned previously, you'll have to excuse my laxness in the blogging department. We've been spending the majority of our at-home time doing summer stuff - hiking, going to the beach, and chilling out with the kids. Furthermore, our summer geek nights (which still go ahead every Saturday night) have been dominated by board games. Fear not - the regular regime of painting, war-gaming, and blogging will be back in full swing when school starts up.

Thanks for reading,
JET

4 comments:

Bob Barnetson said...

Nice job! My goal for 2012 is to improve my terrain and this sort of nice little extra is great inspiration.

Dalauppror said...

Looking good:)

Best regards Dalauppror

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Nice counters and I need to get a few myself as it does look better.

Christopher

sebastosfig said...

good idea. I intend to do it for hail caesar too