Wednesday, June 24, 2009

You Won't Believe It 'Til You See It!

"Jason, those aren't Warhammer Fantasy Battle Chaos Warriors, are they?"


They certainly are. And, if I may be frank, if someone had told me a month ago that I would be painting models for WFB, I would have laughed heartily in that deluded person's face. But it just goes to show, you never know which way the winds will blow, especially when you are a geek.

Here's the thing - I admit that there's been a good run of games in our group that I am passionate about for the last 6 months or so - Old West, BFG, and to a lesser extent, Impetus. Although I was fairly hesitant to get involved in this one, a certain person (you know who you are) guilted/convinced me that it was time to "support" the group in their newest endeavor, even if it wasn't something I was particularly pumped about.

And here we are. The plan - each have 1000 points of a Fantasy army painted by October. From there, we'll see how it goes. Ken had long decided he was doing Dark Elves, and Marc had set on High Elves around 15 years ago. I decided with all of the pansy armies on the rise that it was up to me to do something manly. The Warrior of Chaos army has two primary advantages for me. It has a relatively low model-count and I love many of the models from a painting perspective.

Furthermore, Marc gave me this completely random Christmas gift - a Chaos Spawn model. Maybe he just knew which way the winds would blow.


So, I will be gradually collecting, constructing, and painting a Warriors of Chaos army for WFB; there I said it. Fear not - this project won't stop me from painting Cygnar models, 15mm Impetus, Persians, or Old West. As usual, I'll keep mixing it up as I go.

I should also mention that I'll probably be doing something rather nifty as I build the Chaos force. I may try something slightly unorthodox as I collect. In fact..., actually, let's leave that one there. A little bit of suspense never hurt anyone ;)

Thanks for reading,
JET

5 comments:

Rab said...

I see it and I still don't believe it!

Anonymous said...

It's about time you did something manly :)

Ken.

Anonymous said...

Boo! Hiss! More impetus and historicals. Traitor! :)

JET (aka Jason) said...

Ken,

I will ignore your snide remarks. When your Dark Elven cross-dressers are being scraped off the boots of my Chaos Warriors, then we will exchange "comments." ;)

Historical Friends,

Please do not dispare! I know, it is a dark, dark road I have gone down. But the projects I love shall not suffer! In fact, 1000 points of Chaos is not much I've discovered.

Keep watching,
You'll see,
J

fireymonkeyboy said...

Manly?

He's probably going to go slannesh . . . manly, womanly, goat-that-moved-too-slowly . . . .

FMB