Thursday, November 5, 2009

Shifting Into High Gear with my Medieval Impetus Army

I was planning on finishing my 400-point Free Company for Impetus by Xmas. As it turns out, certain events have transpired which have motivated me to move up the deadline considerably. I am aiming to have the 400-point army, including the camp, completely painted before the end of November. Insanity, but there it is. I'm trying to find the very fine line that leads to divorce, and then to back off a step or two. ;)

I'm very anal-retentive about storage in my geek room,
but I prefer to work in comfortable disorder.


I've done some planning, and here's where we are at the moment:

Units Painted:
Longbowmen x 3, English Dismounted Men-at-arms x 2, Mounted Men-at-arms x 2, Breton Javelinmen x 2.
TOTAL = 9

To Be Painted:
Longbowmen x 1, English Dismounted Men-at-arms x 1, Mounted Men-at-arms x 1, Breton Javelinmen x 1, Skirmishing Crossbowmen x 3, Bombard & Crew x 1, Camp x 1
TOTAL = 9

The finished units standing expectantly amongst
unpopulated bases; waiting for a miracle perhaps?

Now, it may seem that I'm only halfway along, but that is rather misleading. Five of the remaining nine bases will contain a low density of figures - three are skirmishers (a total of 12 models for all three units), one is an artillery piece with some crew members (maybe six actual models), and the camp... well... I'm still pondering what to do with the actual camp.

I would also love to build and paint some simple buildings using the same method that I did for my Old West town. That may be biting off a little more than I can chew, but time will tell. I will try to keep you all updated as I forge onwards.

Thanks for reading,
JET

1 comment:

Rab said...

Now that's what I like to see - overambitious painting deadlines and marital discord ;)

Now crack on with it!