Friday, March 4, 2011

Goblin Army - Second Installment

We haven't played a whole lot of Fantasy Impetus recently but I've been working towards finishing off my 400-point army. This post features the second of three batches that I'll be painting for the main force.

Troll (M)


Gobli Khan and his Riders (CM inc. General)


Wolf Riders (CL)


More Wolf Riders (CL)


There are only three units remaining to take this force to my 400-point goal; two units of goblin spider riders and another hero model, this time with a bow. I'm hoping to fight more battles with these guys in the future but, truth be told, I look forward to re-focusing my painting efforts back towards 15mm historical armies.

Thanks for reading,
JET

8 comments:

Laughing Ferret said...

These look great!

I'm really starting to think element bases are the way to go for Fantasy.

These goblins are a perfect example- in mass rank individually based goblin armies they're packed so tight you never get much of a chance to see the miniatures well & appreciate them.

Bob Barnetson said...

Nice job! I love the highlighting on the flesh. I have a bunch of goblins for a HoTT army that I have put aside. But I think I will haul these bad boys out next and get it completed. Thanks for the inspiration!

JET (aka Jason) said...

Thanks Bob. Now only if I could match your production level.

I couldn't agree more LF. When I look at a Warhammer army these days it just looks like a bunch of little chess sets facing each other. In the end, however, it's all about taste. I remember when I thought the "cramped movement tray" look was the best thing I'd ever seen.

fireymonkeyboy said...

Looking good - some really nice skin tones there. Are the Irish up next?

JET (aka Jason) said...

It will likely be a unit or two of cavalry for my 15mm Free Company sprinkled with some Irish and some Alkemy models. I also need to turn some of my attention to improving my 15mm mass battle terrain. I'd like to make a few scale forests and perhaps some simple roads. I'm still pondering this.

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Real nice bit painting.

Cheers
Christopher

Monty said...

Impressive stuff...

Anonymous said...

hi guy my name is luca and i'm writing from italy. first at all i'm sorry for my poor english. i play impetus and i'd like to try fantasy impetus (i'm also a warhammer gamer); unfortunately i don't find any data base about fantasy army lists. can you help me? if at's possible can you send all data at my e-mail address as followed
luca.bordone@hotmail.it
tks.... about your models, there is only a word to describe them: FANTASTIC. Really.